Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oliver Owl Ornament



I just finished Oliver. I don't have him listed anywhere yet he is going on a road trip down to North Carolina. He may not come back but if he does I'll let you know where he'll be.
Owls I love them don't you! They have been associated with mystery and magic since ancient times. A nocturnal bird of prey who's eerie screech could be mistaken for a scream! No wonder they fit perfectly into Autumnal and Halloween decor. Owls often known as a Witches Familiar. It was also thought that a Witch could shape shift into an Owl. Hecate the Witch Goddess and Athena the Goddess of Wisdom both had Owls as their familiars. During dusk known as witching time the death of the day is called Owl Light. During this time a Witch can be transported into the other world. I just thought this was fun info!

5 comments:

Sharon Day said...

I love owls! He's so cute!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hello Oliver....
He's so cute! Or is it 'Owl-iver'...har har! Good thing he has wings if he has to fly to North Carolina. :o)
Have a great weekend!

magikalseasons said...

Thanks Autumn!
Lol Wendy only you would think of that! Have a wonderful weekend both of you! :)

Guillaume said...

I love those owls! I love owls in general!

http://vraiefiction.blogspot.com/2010/09/ghostly-owls.html

Theresa MacNaughton said...

He's wonderful! You did a great job. I love owls, too! :) Theresa