Saturday, August 4, 2012

Meet My Primitive Poppets

Poppets are an old spelling of puppet. In folk magic a poppet is a doll that represents a person for casting spells on that soul, or to aid them through magic. I'm not sure if I will command them to do my bidding. I like them as they are little spookies!  My poppets are made with found parts of all sorts. They are full of spirits! Wine spirits that is. I used wine corks for their bodies.
I also found a wonderful New England Folklore Blog I'd like to share with you. I found this in my search for interesting info on poppets. Click here to have a look see!
I'll be listing my poppets on ebay soon I'll let you know. Wishing you all a magical weekend!

9 comments:

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

Your little spookies are great!

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Poppets! They are all so wonderful, and I'm going to check out your link as well. But I have to say, they do look to innocent to do any 'evil' bidding! Excellent work as always Becca! :o)

magikalseasons said...

Thank you Lisa!:) I love your spookies as well. I love the ones you've been adding to with game parts!

Thanks Wendy! I think maybe the Hannibal Lector Poppet is the one one I've got to watch out for. I think his mouth is some sort of a zipper, but it looks like a sinister mouth guard. I'll be making some Hag Poppets soon.

Jeanne said...

So wonderful! Innocently mischievous! :0)
Looking forward to the Hag Poppets.

yoborobo said...

Becca - I love them. I think you should make a Halloween chess set. Seriously! Can't you just see them? They're adorable. :) xox

Knock Knock Street said...

Love your little poppets! And they do look like they could cast a spell or two!

Magic Love Crow said...

These are cool! Love them Becca!!!

magikalseasons said...

Thanks friends! :)

lisanelsonart said...

Love them - spooktacular work as always!